Do you choose work over working out? In today’s on-the-go society, many people put their employer before their health. It’s not uncommon for individuals to work 50+ hour weeks with minimal time to focus on physical activity. Although the “work-a-holic” mentality is commended in the workplace, it can be detrimental to your health.
Foregoing exercise can interfere with your sleeping habits, stress levels, energy, and weight status. Making time for movement every day can make you more productive at work by improving focus, concentration, and brain power, and thus lower the need to work such long hours.
It’s generally recommended to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day. Listed below are some ideas to accomplish this:
- Go for a walk outside or on a treadmill. Don’t want to go by yourself? Take a friend, the dog, or even the cat!
- Find a local fitness studio that offers exercise classes, such as cycling, kickboxing, or bodyweight.
- Weekday date night with your honey? Make it an active date. Go shoot some hoops, play tennis, or take a local bootcamp class together.
- Dust the dirt off the bike in your garage and go for a ride to find cool, local street art.
- Find your inner kid, go buy a hula-hoop and begin toning those abs!
- Maximize your couch potato TV time by doing jumping jacks, push-ups, and crunches during commercials.
Fitting exercise into your daily life, despite a busy work schedule, doesn’t have to be complicated!
Until next time….Change your life, change your legacy!